标题: 《Charon's Ark 》作者:- Rick Gauger & Richard Gauger【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-4-3 15:14
标题: 《Charon's Ark 》作者:- Rick Gauger & Richard Gauger【EPUB】
CHARONS ARK by Rick Gauger. Chapter One: One of Us Is Happy It was deep midnight over the central Pacific and the stars clustered against the cockpitwindshield. The Boeing 747-200C flew straight and steady instruments nominal except for oneoddity: the trim indicator read full left. The boy sitting in the captains chair said quotIllbe honest. Nobody is ever going to pick me as most likely to succeed. In the school annual Imean.quot Copilot Froward was inclined to agree. The kid was over-weight pimply oily-haired and heneeded a bath. Froward rec-ognized the type: a casualty on the battlefield of puberty. Froward wasnt doing so hot himself. His hangover had eased off but Captain Milanovitch hadwarned him that he would be having a word with Froward later. Also he reminded himself hehadnt noticed the trim indicator until just now. Froward had invited the kid up to theairliners cockpit so he felt obliged to hold up the adult end of the conversation. quotYou meanonly the best and brightest were picked to go on this tripquot he asked. The kid snuffled wetly.quotThats right. I dont know why they picked me. I guess it was because I was chairman of theMeso-zoic Club.quot quotWhats the Mesozoic Clubquot quotIts a sort of club we have in school. Not many people belong to it. Actually its mainly meand a few

欢迎光临 (http://admin.zasq.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2