标题: 《Division By Zero  》作者:- Ted Chiang【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-4-11 20:02
标题: 《Division By Zero  》作者:- Ted Chiang【EPUB】
Division by Zero By Ted Chiang 1 Dividing a number by zero doesn't produce an infinitely large number as an answer. The reason is that division is defined as the inverse of multiplication; if you divide by zero, and then multiply by zero, you should regain the number you started with. However, multiplying infinity by zero produces only zero, not any other number. There is nothing which can be multiplied by zero to produce a nonzero result; therefore, the result of a division by zero is literally "undefined." 1a Renee was looking out the window when Mrs. Rivas approached. "Leaving after only a week? Hardly a real stay at all. Lord knows I won't be leaving for a long time." Renee forced a polite smile. "I'm sure it won't be long for you." Mrs. Rivas was the manipulator in the ward; everyone knew that her attempts were merely gestures, but the aides wearily paid attention to her lest she succeed accidentally. "Ha. They wish I'd leave. You know what kind of liability they face if you die while you're on status?" "Yes, I know." "That's all they're worried about, you can tell. Always their liability--" Renee tuned out and returned her attention to the window, watching a contrail

欢迎光临 (http://admin.zasq.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2