标题: 《Empty Places》作者: - Richard Parks【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-4-15 19:11
标题: 《Empty Places》作者: - Richard Parks【EPUB】
Empty Places by Richard Parks * * * * Jayn of Laksas was widely acknowledged a thief and rogue, but no one had ever accused him of incompetence. So it came as quite a surprise to him on one warm summer evening to discover someone was following him. He was on his way home to Laksas after a very successful pass through several of the border towns near the foothills of the White Mountains. Jayn’s purse was heavy and his heart, as he slipped through the wooded hills near Laksas, was light. Perhaps I was careless, he thought, ruefully. Or ... am I getting old? He didn’t really think so, at least not yet. When Jayn washed his face in a quiet pool that very morning he hadn’t noticed anything of an alarming temporal nature—his hair was still red, the face still unmarred except for a touch of windburn. His hands, when he’d tricked locks and pried doors in the last few days, were still steady and his grip firm. It didn’t make any sense that someone could follow Jayn without him knowing. Unless... Perhaps whoever is following me is really, really skilled. Jayn considered the matter as he strolled ever so casually along the woodland path. He had two choices: either run or try to ambush his follower. Since he didn’t know who was behind him or how well armed, running was the

欢迎光临 (http://admin.zasq.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2