标题: 《Exercise In Speculation The Theory And Practice Of Teleportation》作者: - [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-4-15 20:33
标题: 《Exercise In Speculation The Theory And Practice Of Teleportation》作者: -
Exercise In Speculation The Theory And PracticeOf Teleportation Larry Niven Produced by calibre 0.6.40 Exercise In Speculation: The Theory And Practice Of Teleportation Why teleportation Well- The regional fan convention known as Boskone and held annually inBoston had chosen me as Guest of Honor. Strangely everyone seemed to expect a speech. I hadntdone any speaking since early college. Worse the audience was jammed with MIT students. Why teleportation Because that way none of the MITSFS MIT Science Fiction Associationpronounced quotmisfitsquot could catch me at anything. What with no firm ground for believing thatteleportation is even possible there would be endless room for speculation without any way forsome teenage genius to tell me quotYoure wrong Right here in my physics text it says-quot At that there was enough argument. But the speech went well even to the point where thequestion session degenerated into frenzied arguments near the back wall allowing me to slipquietly away. Id planned that. But Fred Pohl caught me at the door and asked me to turn thespeech into an article for him. Here it is. DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to the plots of ancient or modern science fiction novels or short stories isnot coincidence. Ive been reading science fiction voraciously for eighteen years. In most ofwhat follows I have borrowed freely from my betters and even from my own stories. Where Iremember my sources I have quoted them-sometimes.DEFINITION: Teleportation is any method of moving from point to point in negligible time. Over shortdistances we will take lightspeed as negligible. Over longer distances interplanetary andinterstellar we will require infinite or near-infinite speed. I make a distinction between psychic and mechanical teleportation

欢迎光临 (http://admin.zasq.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2