收起左侧

[英文] 《At the Core 》作者:- Larry Niven【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-3-30 09:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
At the Core Larry Niven Produced by calibre 0.6.40 At the Core by Larry Niven I I couldnt decide whether to call it a painting a relief mural a sculpture or a hash but itwas the prize exhibit in the Art Section of the Institute of Knowledge on Jinx. The Kdatlynomust have strange eyes I thought. My own were watering. The longer I looked at quotFTLSPACEquot themore blurred it got. Id tentatively decided that it was _supposed_ to look blurred when a set of toothy jawsclamped gently on my arm. I jumped a foot in the air. A soft thrilling contralto voice saidquotBeowulf Shaeffer you are a spendthrift.quot That voice would have made a singers fortune. And I thought I recognized it -- but it couldntbe _that_ one was on We Made It light-years distant. I turned. The puppeteer had released my arm. It went on: quotAnd what do you think of Hrodenuquot quotHes ruining my eyes.quot quotThe Kdatlyno are blind to all but radar. FTLSPACE is not meant to be seen but to be touched.Run your tongue over it.quotquotMy tongue No thanks.quot I tried running my hand over it. If you want to know what it feltlike hop a ship for Jinx the things still there. The puppeteer cocked its head dubiously. quotIm sure your tongue is more sensitive. No guards arenearby.quot quotForget it. You know you sound just like the regional president of General Products on We MadeIt.quot quotIt was he who sent me your dossier Beowulf Shaeffer. No doubt we had the same Englishteacher. I am the regional president on Jinx as you no doubt recognized from my mane.quot Well not quite. The auburn mop over the brain case between the two necks is supposed to showcaste once you learn to discount variations of mere style. To do that you have to be apuppeteer. Instead of admitting my ignorance I asked quotDid that dossier say I was aspendthriftquot quotYou have spent more than a million stars in the past four years.quot quotAnd loved it.quot quotYes. You will shortly be in debt again. Have you thought of doing more writing I admired yourarticle on the neutron star BVS-1. The pointy bottom of a gravity well... Blue starlightfell on me like
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 12:21 , Processed in 0.975613 second(s), 49 queries .