标题: 《Far Horizon  》作者:- Jason Stoddard【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-4-16 20:38
标题: 《Far Horizon  》作者:- Jason Stoddard【EPUB】
FAR HORIZON Jason Stoddard * * * * * * * * Illustrated by Paul Drummond * * * * Jason’s fiction has appeared in Interzone, Sci Fiction, Strange Horizons, Futurismic and many other places. He is a finalist for the Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award and Sidewise Award for Alternate History, and his day job is in metaverse development. More information is available at xcentric.com. * * * * An angel danced on the cramped stage, surrounded by smartfog in the shape of luminous clouds. “My God,” Alex Farrel said. Adele Yucia frowned at the chimera. “There’s probably no fragment of human genome in it.” Alex shook his head. He’d expected a clumsy thing, crisscrossed with surgery scars. But the angel was exquisitely made. Brilliant white wings arced above her head, trailing almost to the floor. Her body was covered in fine feathers, rising to a short crest atop her head, and her eyes were sky-blue and huge. She wore a filmy gown, wrapped over small breasts and slim hips. “I didn’t know that the 80s were back again,” Adele said. “What?” “The song. ‘Send Me An Angel’. Trite.” “I hadn’t noticed,” Alex said. Though he supposed he shouldn’t be surprised. Paul’s Bar was a throwback to the Oversight era, dug deep under the fashionable restaurants on Olympic in South Los Angeles. The walls were lined with lead foil, the floors were made of conductive tile scavenged from a defunct defense contractor, and flyeye-zappers still sputtered in the corners

欢迎光临 (http://admin.zasq.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2